By Paulo Coelho October 21, 2018
Many years ago lived a man who was able to love and forgive everyone he met.
Because of this, God sent an angel to talk to him.
“God asked me to come and visit you and to tell you that He wants to reward you for your goodness,” said the angel.
“Any favor that you desire will be granted. Would you like to have the gift of curing?”
“By no means,” answered the man. “I prefer that God Himself choose those to be cured.”
“I can’t go back to heaven without granting you a miracle. If you don’t pick one, you’ll be obliged to accept one.”
The man reflected a little before answering: “Then I want Good to be done through me, but without anyone noticing – not even myself, so that I don’t commit the sin of vanity.”
And the angel gave to that man’s shadow the power to cure, but only when the sun was shining on his face.
In that way, wherever he went, the sick were cured, the earth became fertile again, and sad people regained their joy.
The man traveled many years over the Earth without noticimg the miracles he worked, because when he was facing the sun, his shadow was always at his back.
In that way he could live and die without being aware of his own sanctity.
Seven Quick Fixes to Feel Better
BY MADISYN TAYLOR
1. Applying pressure to the acupressure point between the thumb and forefinger can release blockages causing pain, tension, and fatigue. You can relieve a headache naturally by squeezing for 20 seconds and releasing for 10 seconds, without letting go, four times.
2. To breathe freely, irrigate your nasal passages with a neti pot and warm salt water. As you clear and soothe the sinuses, congestion associated with allergies or infection will gradually disappear.
3. Apple cider vinegar is a powerful purifying and detoxifying agent. Soaking for 20 minutes in a warm bath infused with two cups of apple cider vinegar pulls toxins from the body and can clear blocked energy.
4. The foods you eat can have a profound impact on your outlook and mood. Eating a small yet satisfying meal rich in complex carbohydrates can lift your spirit and help you let go of feelings of anger, irritability, and depression.
5. Anxiety and fear dissipate quickly when countered with conscious breathing because concentrating on the breath enables you to refocus your attention inward. You can ground yourself and regain your usual calm by taking a series of deep belly breaths as you visualize your feet growing roots that stretch miles down into the earth.
6. Though tuning out can seem counterproductive, a few minutes spent lost in daydreams or listening to soothing music can help you see your circumstances from a new angle when you feel frustrated.
7. If you feel ill health coming on, brew a wellness elixir. Simmer three sliced lemons, one teaspoon freshly grated ginger, one clove freshly minced garlic, and one quarter teaspoon cayenne pepper in five cups water until the lemons are soft and pale. Strain a portion into a mug and add honey by tablespoons until you can tolerate the taste. Drinking this potent mixture of antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal ingredients three times each day can ensure your symptoms never progress into a full-blown illness.
Truth I’ve had a person in my life who has berated me, treated me like crap, lied to me, cheated on me and even blamed me for his infidelity and of course his outburst always using “frustration” (caused by me of course) as an excuse. This individual is hostile and flips out to the point he even has road range. It’s unreal the vulgarity that’s comes out of his mouth. Not to mention the disrespect for the woman he claims to love. In public he pretends to be spiritual. Bull shit!!! Walking away is an understatement. Run and never look back. People like this will rob you if you’re self worth, dignity and self respect. And if you’re not careful you might end up with PTSD, anxiety and depression. Worse, in therapy, on meds and sometimes a hospital or even a treatment facility. Of course people like this tell you that you’re crazy when in fact the real nut job is them. Pay attention to the red flags. They are always glaring even when you choose to deny them hoping for a better outcome. I’ve Been there, done that. In the end you get hurt and the road back to sanity can be long, hard and heartbreaking. Take it from me. I speak the truth from experience. This quote is so true.
Life doesn’t promise to be wonderful – Teddy Pendergrass
Life doesn’t promise us anything, except a chance. We have a chance to live any way we like. No matter how we choose to live, we’ll have joy. And we can learn from both.
We can have life’s biggest wonder-love. We share it in a smile, a touch, a phone call, or a note. We share it with our friends, our partners, our family. Life didn’t promise to be wonderful, but it sure is full of little wonders!! And we only have to open up and see then, feel them, and let them happen.
A dear friend read this devotional at a meeting tonight. I was so moved by it I asked for a copy to bring home and read everyday. I think we’ve all been guilty a time or two in thinking the grass was greener on the other side. We make hasty decisions based on a belief that somehow the grass will be greener on the other side. Sometimes we even leave a relationship to chase another “knight in shining armor” only to find that knight was nothing more than a toad. It’s then that we realize the grass We were on in the first place simply needed a little watering.
For me this is a great reminder to find the blessing in where I am today. Emotionally, physically and spiritually. I’m not where I want to be but thank god I’m not where I used to be. I’ll just keep watering my side of the grass until the winter I find myself in finally turns to spring.
I don’t particularly like to voice my political opinions. Mainly because there is so much hostility and divide in this country right now. It seems that if I don’t believe a certain way I find myself being attacked. That doesn’t work for me. I feel Honesty, empathy, value and integrity are no longer alive and well in this country. Thats my opinion. However, whatever your political beliefs are it’s undeniable that the real hero yesterday was Mitt Romney. He stood up in the midst of a storm to stand up for his moral beliefs, his faith in god as well as his integrity. That takes courage. He gets 5 stars in my book. Like him or not…agree with him or not but as Christians isn’t that what we are supposed to do? Choose to do the right thing even when it means being condemned, bullied and vilified.
Grief is unbearable. Then it fades, only to come back at a moment’s notice. It catches you off guard. It sends you to bed. It sends you to dark places until, God willing, you get up and try again. – Maria Shriver